Billie Box Ltd (“we” or “us”) considers as private any personal information (i.e. information from which you can be identified) supplied by you to Billie Box Ltd. while using this Site and will hold it in accordance with applicable Data Protection legislation currently in force. Billie Box Ltd. holds the Data Protection Registration no. Z3622704.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) describes what personal information we collect or obtain about you and how we use it.
This policy covers the following:
B. Information we may collect or receive about you
C. Website Cookies
D. How we use your information
E. How we may share your information
F. Retention of your information
G. Where we store information about you
H. Use of the Internet
I. Your rights
J. Access to information
L. Contact details
If you undertake any of the following activities and provide personal data to us we will endeavour to make it clear why we need it and to obtain your specific consent to use it. Unless otherwise notified you will be treated as having consented to our use of your personal data under the terms of this Policy if you:
- visit any of the websites we may operate from time to time (“Billie Box Ltd Websites”) including
- subscribe for email newsletters and updates
- obtain any goods or services from us
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Billie Box Ltd. 1 Britannia House, Base Business Park, Rendlesham, Suffolk. IP12 2TZ
B. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in enquiry forms on any Billie Box Ltd owned Websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
The information you give us may include
- Your name, address, delivery site details, e-mail address and phone numbers
Additional Information we collect about you when you visit any Billie Box Ltd Websites:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; items purchased and the cost of those items including any discounts; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
C. WEBSITE COOKIES
D. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you:
- to fulfil our obligations to you in the following ways:-
– to provide you with quotes for equipment you have enquired about;
– to assist in the delivery of equipment you have ordered
- to keep you updated in the following ways:
– to provide you with updates on the progress of your enquires/deliveries;
– to send you mail shots that provide details about the products and services that Billie Box Ltd provide;
- in relation to the operation of Billie Box Ltd Websites which you use:
– to ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
E. HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with certain third parties including:
- suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract or terms in force between you and us; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Billie Box Ltd, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
F. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may keep and process your personal data for so long as you remain a customer or potential customer.
We may also retain and process your personal data in a format that does not permit identification of you for historical and statistical purposes.
G. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
H. USE OF THE INTERNET
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
I. YOUR RIGHTS
- If we retain your personal data after your enquiry then you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that if you place an order then we are legally obliged to maintain your data for 7 years by the HMRC and so your data will be retained until after that period.
- You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We may send you marketing information related to products and services similar to those you have enquired about originally. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by unsubscribing from these marketing emails. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
J. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
If you have any queries relating to this policy then please contact us at Billie Box Ltd, 1 Britannia House, Base Business Park, Rendlesham, Suffolk. IP12 2TZ or firstname.lastname@example.org.”