- Your container MUST sit level (this means each corner is level with each other), otherwise you will find it difficult to open and shut the doors. For more information visit our website.
- Second hand containers will be watertight and structurally sound, but they will have repair patches,scratches, dents and surface rust.
- New (one trip from China) containers will be approx. 3-12 months old, but will have had a single shipping trip from China, there may be scratches, dents and/or the odd repair.
- We suggest you load your goods evenly across the floor, otherwise, this can cause the container to buckle. Please also leave a gap near walls and ceiling for airflow.
- We recommend you grease the door hinges and lock rods regularly.
- CONDENSATION/EXCESS MOISTURE can be a problem, we recommend you do NOT put wet goods inside and you open&shut the doors on a regular basis e.g. once a week. Or we can supply Absorpoles that will absorb the excess moisture.
This applies to the majority of originally manufactured containers
Billie Box shipping container specification consists of the following components:
- High quality, Corten steel
- Internal flooring is approx. 25mm marine-treated (19-ply) plywood or ‘easy clean’ bamboo (Modified floor design without exposed centre rail for a full width wood floor)
- Steel crossmembers are fitted on the underside (approx. 6in apart, keeping the timber floor in place)
- Corner castings are integral to the container. Drivers are able to lock the container to the vehicle for transit
- The corner castings, corner posts, top and bottom rails are the main structure enabling the shipping container to sit straight
- Air vents with brackets are fitted to most shipping containers (this reduces the risk of condensation)
- Double locking bar handles are fitted to the doors, making the unit more secure
- Fully corrugated side panels
- Recessed front and rear sills
- A high-grade exterior and interior paint is used
- Interior coat specifications minimize reaction with cargo. FDA approved