Billie Box offers delivery and offload of THEIR OWN containers, to your door.
Billie Box delivers and offloads THEIR OWN containers (ONLY) to your premises and collects and loads on the shipping container or storage container at your premises with a Hi ab lorry. Hi ab lorries are Heavy Goods Vehicles fitted with a crane for the purpose of offloading. We rely on you to advise us of any obstacles at your site.
See our England & Wales coverage (please click on the map below):
Here are a few pointers for you to take into account before taking delivery of your shipping container or storage container.
- The container delivery will include an offload parallel to the side of the vehicle; therefore the width of the vehicle with offloaded container will be approx. 25ft.
- We carry out the container delivery for our 10ft or 20ft unit to your site with a 40ft Long x 9ft wide rigid vehicle
- We carry out the container delivery for our 40ft unit to your site with a 60ft Long x 9ft wide artic vehicle
- We can sometimes deliver 2 x 20ft containers, using a Wagon and Drag, which is a 40ft rigid vehicle with a trailer. With this format, your site will need enough room for the trailer to be unhooked, whilst the first container is offloaded and then the vehicle will need to draw up alongside the trailer, lift the second container onto the vehicle and then offload it into final position.
- Ideally your site must have level, hard standing access
(Billie Box’s vehicles will not normally drive over fields, grass, muddy areas or uneven ground) If your site has one or more of these problems, then a site survey may need to be carried out prior to delivery of your container (s). Please ensure your site is not in a flood risk area.
- If you require us to offload container(s) whilst being on a public highway, then you will need to obtain a written permit from your local council, prior to delivery.
- We will need to be informed of the following:
- Underground cables
- Manhole covers/drains
- Overhead cables e.g. height of cables and advice of whether they are electrical or other cables
- Overhanging trees e.g. height of branches
- The container will need to be lifted over other containers, fences, walls, buildings and any other obstacles.
- The container will need to go inside a building.
- The container will need to be double stacked (2 high).
- Please note, we can give you a Monday to Friday delivery date, and the time will be between 7am and 6.30pm on the day. We ask our drivers’ to call you 1 hour prior to his ETA so you have a better idea on the day. If you require a morning, afternoon or specific time, then there will be an extra charge.
Get a Free quote today.