Last Updated on November 11, 2022
Here at Billie Box, we pride ourselves on being a family-run company, which is why we are delighted to welcome Clare Hazelwood into our team. Clare is Jane’s sister and brings with her a wealth of expertise in the industry, including that of converting shipping containers into other uses.
Clare comes from a retail background, starting in the shipping container business in 2007, where she worked in the accounts department while learning the background to container sales and hires. She subsequently moved over to sales, quoting and selling standard containers to personal customers, companies, trade and for shipping. She also took on minor conversion work such as fitting personnel doors, windows with lockable shutters, racking and additional vents.
Around 5 years ago Clare transferred to the conversion department in the company, where she achieved the IICL (Institute of International Container Lessors) Container Inspection qualification and managed the company’s container conversion enquiries.
Clare has worked on many container conversion projects over the years. Here are a few examples:
- Joining together three 30ft shipping containers to create a ‘mini-flat’ to showcase independent living equipment for disabled consumers at exhibitions.
- Conversion of shipping containers for use as workshops by the MOD. Each container included ventilation systems, racking, ramps and the installation of standard and three-phase electrical supply. These units were zone 1 ATEX explosion-proof and were also fitted with fire alarm systems and safety backup lighting.
- Joining together two shipping containers, end to end installing a raised floor, lining and an electrical supply. These units were to be shipped to Mexico, sited on a 60ft platform and subsequently linked to a building via a doorway.
- The conversion of shipping containers into workshops for use by mechanical engineering students at university. The containers were joined side by side to ensure the workshop area was large enough to accommodate vehicles with enough space for the vehicles to be worked on by students.
- Adding large bi-fold UPVC doors to 20ft shipping containers to allow easy access along the side of the container. The units were insulated, had electrics fitted, and were painted in the company colours, and taken to exhibitions to allow the customer to showcase their products.
- The addition of a personnel door to a 20ft container for a prison requiring additional storage space.
- Conversion of a 20ft container for use as a site office at a self-storage facility. Including french doors, windows and electrical supply. The exterior of the container was repainted in a colour of the customer’s choosing.
- The conversion of a shipping container for use as a secure entrance for event sites. Each end of the containers were adapted to use roller shutters and turnstiles were fitted inside the container.
We are delighted that Clare is joining us and look forward to sharing her knowledge and expertise with our customers. Welcome aboard Clare!