You can hire a shipping container for a short or long term period. Shipping containers are perfect to be used as a Secure Storage container. They are robust, lockable and watertight. They are ideal as an outside shed/lockup.
There are many things you need to consider when renting a container.
1. Weekly Rate – We always offer a minimum hire period of 26 weeks from £8.50 per week plus VAT for a 20ft container. That’s a lot of secure container space for such a low price! Please see our rates for the different sizes available for hire: Container Hire
2. Size container – We offer many sizes, ranging from 20ft to 40ft long. Again the prices vary depending on size and length of lease. Just click on the sizes above to see the many configurations we offer.
3. The delivery location – You will be required to pay transport and offload both to and from your site. Transport prices will start from £195.00 plus VAT each way (Delivery and Collection each). It all depends on how close you are to our depot. Here is a list of our depots across England: Depot List
4. Your site – You will need to ensure that whoever you hire a shipping container from is aware of these obstacles. Please do have a look at the video below that shows you how a container is offloaded from the vehicle. Please remember if you are doing building work around the container, the area must still be clear for the container collection.
5. Damage incurred to the container – When you hire a shipping container, you will be responsible for the insurance of the container whilst it is in your possession. There will be a ‘Write off value’ for the container on our ‘Hire agreement’. The container must be in the same state it was when you first hired it, so any damage or cleaning required will be billed to you at the end of the lease.
6. Locking system – We supply containers with a Lock box (shrouded area on the double doors, where you can’t get bolt croppers at the padlock). The lock box is included in the rental price, however the padlocks are sold at £65 each plus VAT.
7. Extras – We recommend Absorpoles which are used to control the levels of condensation in the container. We can help, just call us for a quote.
So why not rent a container from us today? Call us on 0800 121 7388 or 01473 557409 with the following information.
- Your name
- Your postcode
- Size of container with any accessories you require
- How long you wish to rent it
We will then email you a quote.
Once you agree the quote, we will create a ‘Hire agreement’ and invoice you for the first 26 weeks rental, accessories, delivery and collection charges + VAT. We also ask you to set up a standing order for all future payments. This form will be sent to you with the hire contract. When you have paid the first invoice, we will make the delivery and offload arrangements.
So simple. We will solve your container hire problem.
If you have any questions, then please do call us on 0800 121 7388 or 01473 557409
About Jane Billing
Jane Billing has over 30 years in shipping container supply. During that time Jane has earned a very broad knowledge of the whole shipping container industry. From construction, to shipping, to adaption and conversions, if you have a question about any aspect of the shipping container industry Jane will likely have the answer for you. After many years working for some of the biggest names in the shipping container industry Jane set up her own company, Billie Box Ltd in 2012. Since launching in 2012 Billie Box Ltd has sold well over 1500 new and used containers.